What is Spam? What is Phishing?
- Promotional emails which you have subscribed to explicitly or inadvertently (those little checkboxes at the end of web forms)
- Forwarded emails received from your friends (Some Junk mail can be stopped by simply unsubscribing)
- If you have recently created an account with a company or website and you are now receiving email from them, read the message you are sent and look for an unsubscribe section (Caution- see Phishing below).
- This will help keep us from blocking legitimate, commercial sites that actually follow anti-spamming policies.
What is Phishing?
Phishing attacks are used to steal personal identity data and financial account credentials of consumers.
- Social-engineering schemes use spoofed emails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging financial data such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords and social security numbers.
- Hijacking brand names of banks, e-retailers and credit card companies, phishers often convince recipients to respond.